Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Alone!

It's hard to be alone, but even harder when your friends and family don't think it's at all different from your every day life.

My husband has deployed for the first time. Our families keep telling me that it's what I signed up for and that I shouldn't be missing him so much after just a week. I personally had no idea our families, his and mine, thought I was just that heartless. Why wouldn't I miss him while he's gone?

They don't understand that Joshua misses him too, he's 2. There's no way he fully understands what's happening. We did our best to explain to him what was going to happen, I still spend hours each day explaining to him that he may be able to talk to daddy on Skype or FaceTime, but that's a big maybe. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why decided this was the best move for our family. I can't even begin to understand how hard it is for Josh.

I know that Ben is happy, he loves his job. He misses us, but I would never want him to give up these life experiences, he deserves this. The Army is his life and he's truly loving every second.

It's men and women like him who make me prod to be an American. Thank you to all the families who regularly lose a family member for the sake of ur freedom and safety. My blessings and prayers go out to all of you.


(Pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment